Online Resources Information
- Every Lesson Counts - Professional Development for Secondary Teachers
£975 + VAT (where applicable)
This Professional Development Programme for Secondary Teachers has been developed by KCC Local Authority Advisers and is now available for you to create your own flexible programme that you can own and run “in house” for your school.
The materials are a generic resource and designed to be relevant to all teachers wishing to develop their practice to ensure good or outstanding learning. Particular areas can be expanded and focussed on in more detail if you wish and although the programme is presented as a set of 6 modules over 6 days you can create your own bespoke version by splitting the modules as you wish.
As part of the programme each delegate should be allocated a school-based mentor whose role will be to support them through the programme and to facilitate an observation of consistently good or outstanding teaching.
If you require any further advice and support from our Senior Improvement Adviser for Teaching & Learning – please contact email@example.com
Every Lesson Counts Structure:
- The course outline and expectations
- What is good learning?
- Teaching; theory and pedagogy
- Expectations, Teacher Standards and OfSTED
- Lesson Observations
- Reflection on log and audit
- Lesson Objectives and Learning Outcomes
- Knowing your classes, data and implications for differentiation
- Lesson Planning
- Reflection on log
- Practical strategies for Assessment for Learning
- Peer and self-assessment
- Giving pupils effective feedback
- Planning AfL activities for nominated lessons
- Reflection on log and on observation of consistently good teacher
- Inspirational teaching....?
- Planning differentiated activities for nominated lessons
- Reflection on log
- The role of questioning
- Literacy across the curriculum
- Managing behaviour for learning
- Planning presentations for final module
- Delegates' presentations
- Developing active learning
- Reflection and evaluation of progress (with mentors)
- Planning next steps (with mentors)