- Legal Services
Our understanding of the education sector has enabled us to develop a very cost-effective legal scheme which provides a helpline (offering up to 30 minutes free advice in relation to each single issue), training and support for a low annual fixed fee.
We offer advice on the full range of legal issues affecting academies and schools. We are a professional, accessible, friendly and cost effective service: true business advisers providing solutions to the challenges faced by providers of education.
We have considerable experience in providing legal advice to schools and academies and understand the unique implications and governance requirements of education providers that can sometimes be missed. We have clients across the United Kingdom who use our specialist service.
Our comprehensive legal service includes:
- Regular legal updates, practice notes and training
- Staff employment, grievance and disciplinary issues including compromise agreements and tribunal claims
- Contract drafting, negotiation, termination and dispute resolution
- Admission and exclusion issues and appeals
- Constructive resolution of disputes with parents
- Property and planning matters, including disputes with neighbours
- Highways advice, including public access to property and rights of way
- Procurement and tendering advice and drafting
- Discrimination claims, including appeals to the SENDisT and High Court judicial reviews
- Governance matters, data protection and information management
- Company advice, including a full company secretarial service