The Classroom and Beyond
- Threads of Success
Kent Early Years and Childcare Service has brought together our suite of services and products in one simple, easy to access site.
Kent County Council’s Early Years and Childcare Service is committed to supporting excellence across the whole range of Early Years, school and out of school childcare provision, including early education. To do this to best effect, we have developed Threads of Success, which is an easily accessible framework of services and products, dedicated to ensuring excellence and meeting the early education and childcare related needs of children, young people and families.
All the Threads are essential in securing excellence, and include:
• Our pledge for the highest quality services
• A comprehensive offer, differentiated for Early Years, School and Out of School providers
• A leading edge range of delivery options, to include training, bespoke packages,
workshops, seminars, publications and products and, coming soon, on-line
learning and webinars
• A clear charging policy, differentiated for the following groups:
Independent/PVI : Childminders, private, voluntary and independent settings, Out Of School settings and collaborations, businesses within KCC’s boundaries
Kent LA: Schools and maintained nurseries within KCC’s boundaries
Other LA/Academy: Local Authorities and other organisations outside of KCC boundaries, academies including those in Kent
• Quality assurance, ensuring that the training, support and advice provided is of high quality and is clearly underpinned by the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Framework and other relevant legislation